Founding Chair for IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) Malaysia Chapter and achieved membership growth. Created the Image Processing, Image Analysis and Real time Imaging (IPIARTI) Symposium which is a free event to SPS member. IPIARTI has been organised yearly since 2010 till present with an average of 100 participants (mainly student members). Led and won the bid for ICIP2023 so that it will be hosted by SPS Malaysia Section in Kuala Lumpur. One of the committee members when EMBS Malaysia Chapter was founded.
Member/Volunteers for more than 35 years in the Malaysia Section serving almost all Section positions including Chair in 2013-2014. Highest membership growth in 2013-2014, created the IEEE National Final Year Project Competition for undergraduate student in 2013 and has since been organised yearly with an average 250 participants. Recipient of 2004 Best Volunteer Award.
IBS Coordinator by encouraging Sections to create new members benefit for members in their sections.
- Increase the sense of belonging to IEEE by broadening activities and engaging members
- Bring value to IEEE membership – empower the region and sections to create extra value
- Increase volunteering opportunities for members
- Increase awareness towards IEEE humanitarian activities
- If I am elected as the R10 Delegate-Elect/Director-Elect, my emphasis will be on membership engagement, growth, and value addition.
- I will increase member engagement by developing and managing R10 activities that will bring greater impact to IEEE members. These activities are important factor in membership growth.
- I will increase the number of industry initiatives activities that will be organized in geographically distributed sections so that many members are able to participate with minimum travelling cost.
The opinions expressed herein are the opinions of the author and not necessarily the opinions of IEEE.